Effective: November 2015. Last Updated: January 2018
This policy describes how Nicki Lynn Jewelry (collectively, "Nicki Lynn Jewelry", "us" or "we") collect, use, and share information about you. This policy applies to information that we collect when you use our website, shop in our store, or otherwise interact with us as described below.
Collecting Information From and About You
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you visit our website, create an online account, shop in our store, sign up for our e-mail, call us on the phone, contact us on our website, communicate with us via third party social media websites, or otherwise communicate with us.
Types of information we may collect include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, credit/debit card number or related information, your signature, product preferences, demographic information, or any other information you wish to provide.
In some cases, we may collect information you provide about others, such as when you e-mail items to a friend via our website, purchasing an e-GiftCard for someone, sharing a wishlist, or if you decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contact(s) unless they personally opt in to receive communications from us.
We automatically collect certain information from you when you access our website. We may collect information, such as your IP address, demographic information, the web browser which you're using, the website you came from and the website you visit when you leave.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information that we collect about you.How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you. We collect information when you make a purchase, fill out an online survey or sign up for our e-mail. This also includes information you provide to us though e-mails and social media networks.
We use tracking tools such as browser cookies, web beacons (also known as pixel tags) and similar technologies to collect information about you when you interact with our websites or emails. We may also use video surveillance in our store. For more information about cookies as well as how to disable them, see Cookie Information.
We collect information about you from third parties. Third parties consist of business partners as well as social media networks. The type of information collect may include your name, username, e-mail address, profile picture, geological location, and gender.How We Use Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide the products and services which you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests as well as provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services, products, promotions, offers, rewards, and events, as well as provide news and information which we think will be of interest to you;
- Personalize your online experience, including advertisements, content or features that best match your interests;
- Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- Deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States (US.) and any information which we collect is governed by US. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transferring of information in and to the US. and other countries.How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors or other service providers who are required to access such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable law, regulation, or rule;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.Security
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.Advertising & Analytics Services
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.Minors
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors under the age of 13. We do not sell products for purchase by minors and all children’s products we sell are for purchase by adults only.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Nicki Lynn Jewelry permits California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please contact us.Contact Us